ABOUT ELECTRIC CITY, INC

Our History

Electric City was founded in 1987 by three aspiring men who wanted to provide a better life for themselves and their families. They had a vision to bring a quality electrical supply house to a small town that would not only provide electrical supplies to contractors but also to homeowners. They were knowledgeable in the electrical field and knew that they had a lot to offer to the community. The business featured electrical supplies and later added decorative lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures and plumbing supplies.
Looking to the future Electric City made some changes including bringing John Parker into the partnership of the business in 2000. A new 14,000 square foot facility was built in 2007 in Hi Point Industrial Park. Wanting to focus exclusively on electrical and lighting supplies, plumbing and decorative lighting fixtures were dropped from the business.
Currently, Gary Tapp, one the original owners, and John Parker still share that same passion for the community and offer uncompromising service to all of their residential, commercial, and industrial customers.

 

ELECTRIC CITY, INC

Follow

  • White Facebook Icon

Contact

502-633-3180

Fax: 502-633-3185

Address

1013 MT. VERNON DRIVE
SHELBYVILLE, KY 40065
Store Hours: M-F 7:30-4:30
Sat: 8-12

©2016 by ELECTRIC CITY, INC.